According to Russian Orthodox tradition the original miracle-working image of the Fyodorovskaya Mother of God was miraculously ‚Äòfound‚Äô in 1239 by Basil, Prince of Kostroma. The icon had wonder working powers and saved the town time and again from the invasion of enemies. The Fyodorovskaya icon was especially honoured by the Romanov tsars, and as early as 1613, the future tsar Mikhail Fyodorovitch was brought before the Fyodorovskaya icon to ask God‚Äôs blessing on his future rule. The icon is based on a type of composition known as¬†oumileniye¬†(tenderness), in which the Christ Child holds his face close to that of his Mother. Very fine condition!